Mlaker Student Transportation
Located in Davidsville, Mlaker Student Transportation is a family owned and operated company that’s been in business for three generations.
Our drivers are well-trained and work with the newest technologies available in school buses to provide your students with the best possible service.
Tips for Parents/Students
Safety is Mlaker’s top priority in everything we do.
Parents and students play a big role in safety too – here’s how you can help.
Waiting at the bus stop
Get to the school bus stop five minutes early, so you won’t have to run across the road to catch the bus.
When waiting for the bus, stay away from traffic. Line up at least five giant steps away from the curb or the roadway to wait for the bus.
Never run after the school bus if it has already left the bus stop.
Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger.
Riding the bus
- When the school bus is moving, stay in your seat. Never put your head, arms or hands out the window.
- Talk quietly, and don’t distract your school bus driver.
- If your school bus crosses railroad tracks, be calm and quiet so that your driver can listen for a train.
- Always obey your school bus driver’s instructions, so that he or she can make safe decisions.
- Never play with the emergency exits. Backpacks, band instruments, or sports equipment may not block the aisle or emergency exits. If there is an emergency, listen to the driver and follow instructions.
- Never push when getting on or off the school bus.
Getting on and off the bus
- Always walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus when crossing so that the school bus driver can see you.
- Be aware – cross with care! Wait until the school bus has stopped all traffic before stepping out into the road.
- When getting off of the school bus, make sure that all drawstrings and other loose objects are secure so they don’t get caught on the handrail or the door.
- Never cross the street behind the school bus.
- If you leave something on the bus or drop something outside of the bus, never go back for it. The driver may not see you and begin moving the bus.
Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law
Motorists must stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop arm extended.
Motorists must stop when they are behind a bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
Motorists following or traveling alongside a school bus must also stop until the red lights have stopped flashing, the stop arm is withdrawn, and all children have safely boarded or exited the bus.
If physical barriers such as grassy medians, guide rails or concrete median barriers separate oncoming traffic from the bus, motorists in the opposing lanes may proceed without stopping.
Do not proceed until all the children have reached a place of safety.
We believe in the safety of our students in the short- and long-term. That’s why we’ve invested in propane-powered school buses that are better for our environment.
Compared with gasoline and diesel, propane produces 60% less carbon monoxide, 12% less carbon dioxide, 20% less nitrogen oxide and up to 25% less greenhouse gases. Mlaker was the first bus company in the region to introduce this new clean technology into our school buses.
Propane is not only environmentally friendly, it’s also plentiful, and is produced right here in the United States. More than 73% of today’s propane comes from the production of natural gas, and supply is expected to continue growing as shale resources expand – and 98% of production will be in this country.
The cost per gallon of propane compared to diesel amounts to a great savings for school districts, which is a fantastic benefit. But best of all, by producing less greenhouse gases we can ensure a healthier world for our children to live in, now and long into the future.
Need wedding guest transportation?
Renting a Mlaker school bus for your wedding is a safe and affordable way to transport guests to your ceremony, or from your ceremony to a reception! Get in touch today for a quote.
Join our team
Mlaker Student Transportation is always looking for new drivers to join our team! Whether you have millions of miles of experience driving, or none at all, we can help you become a safe and competent bus driver. Start your journey with Mlaker by getting in touch today.